NURSE for 2018-2019 School Year:
Part time school nurse. The school districts of Northport, Onion Creek, Inchelium and Orient are looking for a RN to work one day a week in Northport, one day a week in Inchelium and one day a month in both Orient and Onion Creek Schools. Wages will be negotiated based on experience. Travel/mileage will be included in agreement. The nurse will also have the assistance of the School Nursing Corps located at Educational Service District 101 for training and assistance with the transition. The School Nursing Corps also provides the school nurse with an orientation.
The School Nurse will provide educational opportunities and health program assistance that deliver the following student and staff benefits (not limited to):
1. Student health assessment and health problem identification.
2. Develop Emergency Care Plans (ECP), Individual Health Plans (IHP), and Americans with Disabilities 504 Plans for students with special health care needs.
3. Provide medication training, delegation and supervision for unlicensed school staff.
4. Assist with student health concerns, referrals and follow-up.
5. Coordinate vision and hearing screening programs and consultation for immunization compliance.
6. Consultation for school staff on educational impact of student health concerns.
7. Health education for staff and students.
ALSO: We are currently taking applications for classified and certified substitutes.
The Northport School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.